And to address this challenge BuaNews reported, African countries need to create the right conditions for high economic growth and they must also ensure that the achieved growth is equitably distributed to the poor.
Mr Mboweni was addressing black accountants at a Convention in Durban on Friday
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate