Interest in the wording of the Fed's policy announcement has diverted attention from a much larger development -- the continuation of accomodative monetary policy that is extraordinary by the central bank's own standards. FOMC Alert offers the first installment of a two-part report that puts Fed policy in the Bush II Era in perspective.
Capital Flows Monitor: December 18, 2003
Led by a huge U.S. current account
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate