"There is nothing behind , they are pure rumour and speculation," the Guardian quoted Lemierre as saying.
In March, Lemierre suggested that European Central Bank President Wim Duisenberg had agreed to step down in mid-2002 to make way for Bank of France governor Jean-Claude
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July