The central bank blamed the deficit on foreign exchange losses resulting from the krone's appreciation.
The krone climbed by 14% against the dollar over the course of 2007.
Foreign reserves are the central bank's main asset with Nkr245.3 billion under management at the end of 2007. The assets of the Norwegian Pension Fund - Global, the country's sovereign wealth fund,
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July