Moreover, this is the second time this year that the Federal Open Market Committee has cut interest rates in between official designated meetings. World stock markets rallied sharply after the annoucement.
The FOMC last cut interest rates at its regular FOMC meeting on Mar 20, 2001. At the time the markets had been hoping for a more
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work