Arhar, who is 54 and currently head of state insurer Vzajemna, talked about his decade at the helm of the central bank when announcing his candidacy, saying he had helped make the Slovenian tolar a stable currency.
Recent opinion polls have ranked him as a fro
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July