Speaking to the Senate Economic Affairs Committee in Brasilia, Meirelles said inflation has been ``benign.''
``Inflation expectations are also well anchored,'' Meirelles said. ``Monetary policy actions have kept inflation expectations under control for 2006 and 2007.''
Meirelles, 60, said the central bank ``ready to act if needed to meet the
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July