Cavallo is explaining his strategy for the peso peg and its consequences for Brazilian markets and trade inside the Latin American Memorial in the financial capital of Sao Paulo.
The architect of the Argentine peso's 10-year-old peg to the U.S. dollar, Cavallo has sent to Congress a bill that wou
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks