Economists said the rise was mostly due to the rand's precipitous depreciation during the last month. The rand lost nearly 9% against the dollar in November.
The central bank issued preliminary reserve figures in advance of more detailed data on its holdings of gold and foreign currencies later i
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July