The dramatic gains in leading stock indexes on Friday saw most markets reverse the losses suffered in what has been one of the most tumultuous weeks for financial markets in history.
By the close of trade in London, the FTSE had rebounded by an astonishing 8.84%. By mid-day in New York, the Dow Jones and Nasdaq average were up
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate