For several months, the Central Bank of Venezuela has been resisting Mr Chavez's demands that part of the reserves be handed over. The bank's directors say the Constitution forbids the reserves from being used to pay for government spending.
"I don't agree at all that the central ba
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July