Analysts said the central bank was forced to revise its inflation targets after it cut its benchmark rate by 200 basis points to 6.5% in January.
Inflation at the end of 2003 is likely to be higher than the central bank's current target of 4.5%, Jarai was cited as saying by newswire MTI.
Jarai cited rising world
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate