Bies and Olson, both nominated by President George W. Bush, cleared the Senate on a voice vote.
Bush must formally sign off on their appointments, and it was not immediately clear whether Bies and Olson will attend the Fed's next policymaking meeting on Tuesday.
It is widely expected that the Fed
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July