In an interview published this week, ECB Executive Board member Jose Manuel Gonzalez-Paramo speaks out firmly against changing the wording of the Stability and Growth Pact, saying: "The Pact is a cornerstone of the currency union. Nobody had questioned its rules until some countries had problems complying with them".
Click here to read the interview on the ECB's website
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July
Back to Top