Inflation surged to 411 percent in October the country's Central Statistical Office said last week. The central bank currently issues temporary bearer cheques - high denomination notes introduced two years ago to ease cash shortages. These notes expire at the end of the year.
Meanwhile Gono, who has rece
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate