Fed governor Ben Bernanke told the St Louis Fed's inflation targeting conference on Friday 17 October that in the current climate of low inflation, it was important to keep the public informed about the Fed's long-run intentions. Bernanke said an announced long-run price goal was not the same as targeting but could be seen as a step in that direction.
A top Federal Reserve official said on Friday the U.S. central bank should publicly state what it views as the best long-run infl
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July
Back to Top