Last week CentralBankNet reported that the Ukrainian prime minister had asked the president to sack the central bank boss for poor co-operation between the bank and the government. Now we hear it all boils down to political infighting with the National Bank chief vowing not to go quietly.
An attempt to dismiss the head of the National Bank of Ukraine, Volodymyr Stelmakh, is, Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported, an "element of political infighting".
The chairman of the Supreme Council [parliam
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate
Back to Top