Congress postponed action until Wednesday to hold an open-air voting session in Caracas's central square - increasing public exposure.
"This 'Enabling Law' transforms the president of the republic of Venezuela into an emperor - Emperor Chavez," said Teodoro Petkoff, an opposition leader.
Chavez says he needs
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July