The stock market also closed early after the government earlier in the day suspended banking by Banco Montevideo and Caja Obrera for "the nonfulfillment of regulations."
The amount of capital in many banks has fallen dramatically in recent weeks, as hundreds of millions of dollars have been taken out of the financial system.
Late Tuesday, Economy Mi
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July