The latest report came on Tuesday when the daily broadsheet Kathimerini said the Greek central banker's name was being discussed in European capitals as a possible replacement for Christian Noyer, who is leaving the ECB in May.
A short report saying Papademos's chances were gaining ground appeared in Sunday's Eleftherotypia.
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July