Coordinated international regulation of the reinsurance industry is needed despite the fact that the industry poses few risks to the financial system. This was the message of a report by the Group of 30 (G30) launched on Monday 23 January at the Bank of England.
The report was launched by Alastair Clarke, who advises the governor, Mervyn King, on financial stability issues and Walter Kielholz, chairman of Credit Suisse Group. The G30 report was conceived in response to fears that lack of tra
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July
Back to Top