Governor Lars Heikensten spoke at SNS's Monday Club in Stockholm on some issues to do with the Riksbank and EMU.
"First let me comment on the timing of full EMU participation by Sweden. The message from the Government is that, given an affirmative referendum this autumn, Sweden is to strive to enter the monetary union on 1 January 2006. That means a so-called direct changeover or 'Big Bang'
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- BoE’s Haldane examines changing nature of work
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July