The issuance of a new NT$2,000 note in July 2001 will not trigger inflation, a financial official said Feb 16, 2001. In an attempt to allay fears that the debut of the large-denominated note will accelerate inflation, Wu Shaw-chii, director-general of the Issue Department at the Central Bank of China, said the issuance of the NT$1,000 note - the biggest-denominated note thus far - had not unleashed extra inflationary pressure two decades ago.
Inflation, which is fueled by too much money and l
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July
Back to Top