The governor of the Central Bank of Iran Mohsen Nurbakhsh has announced that the single exchange rate policy will continue in the next Iranian year which begins on 21 March. In another move it was reported that certain political groups want Nurbakhsh removed from the Bank.
Mr Nurbakhsh described the country's foreign exchange reserves as being at a good and satisfactory level, adding: The country's foreign exchange commitments [debts] next year stand at about 7bn dollars and potential commitme
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks
Back to Top