However, the regional Fed bank said the recent bout of weakness differs from the five U.S. recessions that have gripped the country since 1967, largely due to stable consumer spending and strong housing activity.
The Chicago Fed said its monthly National Activity Index fell to -1.02 in
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- South African governor rejects calls to change mandate