Cabraal told Bloomberg Television that "we will see a very real change in the inflation rate" post-June.
The New Colombo Consumers' Price Index registered a year-on-year inflation rate of 18.8% in December, a slight fall from the 19.3% rate recorded for November. But interest rates, which are now 10.5%, were "sufficient to deal with the problem."
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE’s Forbes points to bias among overworked MPC members
- Asset purchase programme is key to central bank credibility – ECB paper
- UK payments regulator unveils competition reforms
- OCC warns on cyber risks from subpar patches at US banks