The panel backed Bernanke, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, on a voice vote. The nomination now faces a vote in the full Senate, which must grant its approval for Bernanke to take over as chairman after Alan Greenspan departs the Fed on Jan. 31.
He is widely expected to be con
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July