The central bank-commissioned telephone survey of 2,000 retailers was carried out last December and found that 59% were opposed, with 40% "strongly opposed". The main objections included fear of counterfeits and the prospect of customers exhausting the all the change in a shop's till in one transaction.
Canada's largest existing denom
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July