You have been acting governor twice now: first from June 3 to September 8, 2010, and again between July 18 and October 19, 2011 when you were then named as governor. How does it feel to be appointed governor on a permanent basis?
Let me start by saying that when I joined the State Bank of Pakistan more than four-and-a-half years ago as deputy governor, I was immersed in areas that I had not been exposed to in the past, such as human resources. I was responsible for managing around 80% of the cen
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July