As one of the accession countries joining the European Union next May, what will be the principal economic benefits and costs of entry for Malta?
Membership of the EU implies a greater degree of economic openness and integration, which should stimulate competition and lead to efficiency gains. Although Maltese exporters already enjoy considerable market access, that access will now be placed on a secure basis and will even be extended to countries with which the EU has negotiated trade agreemen
- Making the rules and breaking the mould (Allan Meltzer: 1928–2017)
- BoE economists criticise DSGE inflation modelling
- Indonesian deputy Perry on revolutionising monetary and financial policy
- Commission should have power to order CCPs to relocate to EU – Cœuré
- Indonesian banks will switch to reserves averaging in July